Two national fast food franchises will soon open restaurants in Wauwatosa.
Wendy's will hold its grand opening May 29 at 3140 N. 124th St., filling the vacancy left by Steak 'n Shake. It will provide jobs to more than 50 people.
In addition to the usual hamburgers, baked potatoes and Frosty shakes, this Wendy's location will allow diners to have their choice of more than 100 beverage options thanks to the Coca-Cola Freestyle technology. Likened to a modern soda fountain, users can add flavors to blend their sodas - making such concoctions as Raspberry Coke or Grape Sprite, for instance.
Meanwhile, Toppers Pizza came before the city's Design Review Board last week to talk about moving into the PNC Bank storefront at 68th and State streets. The bank is building a larger facility down the street.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?
- Change in Hart Park Senior Center management worries some members
- Greenfield School Board might use sale proceeds to possibly improve middle school
- Video: Zoo gorillas bring 'Tarzan' rehearsal to life for Wauwatosa East students
- Wauwatosa Police Report: March 5
- Student in custody for bringing knives to Wauwatosa East High School
- Business Spotlight: Valentine business partners found coffee kept calling them back
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: March 5