Two national fast food franchises will soon open restaurants in Wauwatosa.
Wendy's will hold its grand opening May 29 at 3140 N. 124th St., filling the vacancy left by Steak 'n Shake. It will provide jobs to more than 50 people.
In addition to the usual hamburgers, baked potatoes and Frosty shakes, this Wendy's location will allow diners to have their choice of more than 100 beverage options thanks to the Coca-Cola Freestyle technology. Likened to a modern soda fountain, users can add flavors to blend their sodas - making such concoctions as Raspberry Coke or Grape Sprite, for instance.
Meanwhile, Toppers Pizza came before the city's Design Review Board last week to talk about moving into the PNC Bank storefront at 68th and State streets. The bank is building a larger facility down the street.
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Yale Place was once known as Pickle Alley
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle parking ban is obsolete
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy reports consistent enrollment numbers