The Rosebud Theater has received approval from a city panel to expand its hours on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.
The Plan Commission this week gave the theater, at 6823 W. North Ave., permission to stay open until 3 a.m. on those nights.
David Gigl, of Neighborhood Theater Group, which owns the Rosebud, the Times, and the Avalon theaters, said he sought the expansion of hours, particularly on Thursday, to allow him to show films beginning at midnight.
Some movies that he receives do not allow him to show them until Friday. So by starting the movie at midnight Thursday, he can adhere to the agreement, but still get a jump on the weekend.
Previously, the closing time on Thursday was midnight. The closing time on Friday and Saturday nights was 2:30 a.m.
Gigl said the midnight Thursday showings would probably occur once or twice a month.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30