The Rosebud Theater has received approval from a city panel to expand its hours on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.
The Plan Commission this week gave the theater, at 6823 W. North Ave., permission to stay open until 3 a.m. on those nights.
David Gigl, of Neighborhood Theater Group, which owns the Rosebud, the Times, and the Avalon theaters, said he sought the expansion of hours, particularly on Thursday, to allow him to show films beginning at midnight.
Some movies that he receives do not allow him to show them until Friday. So by starting the movie at midnight Thursday, he can adhere to the agreement, but still get a jump on the weekend.
Previously, the closing time on Thursday was midnight. The closing time on Friday and Saturday nights was 2:30 a.m.
Gigl said the midnight Thursday showings would probably occur once or twice a month.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- DA's office will not bring criminal charges against officers who shot and killed man with sword (1)
- Mayfair mall, Susan G. Komen host series of breast cancer events
- Wauwatosa schools celebrate Walk to School Day on Oct. 7
- Wauwatosa Fire Department earns accreditation, and is now more data-driven than ever
- A tour of homes with a flavor of architecture and history
- Wauwatosa West High School homecoming is student-run this year
- Tosa Farmers Market pushes for end-of-year attendance
- In brief: author chat, budget talks, spring election
- Wauwatosa School Board approves superintendent's new contract, salary
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Oct. 1