The Rosebud Theater has received approval from a city panel to expand its hours on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.
The Plan Commission this week gave the theater, at 6823 W. North Ave., permission to stay open until 3 a.m. on those nights.
David Gigl, of Neighborhood Theater Group, which owns the Rosebud, the Times, and the Avalon theaters, said he sought the expansion of hours, particularly on Thursday, to allow him to show films beginning at midnight.
Some movies that he receives do not allow him to show them until Friday. So by starting the movie at midnight Thursday, he can adhere to the agreement, but still get a jump on the weekend.
Previously, the closing time on Thursday was midnight. The closing time on Friday and Saturday nights was 2:30 a.m.
Gigl said the midnight Thursday showings would probably occur once or twice a month.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?