The Rosebud Theater has received approval from a city panel to expand its hours on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.
The Plan Commission this week gave the theater, at 6823 W. North Ave., permission to stay open until 3 a.m. on those nights.
David Gigl, of Neighborhood Theater Group, which owns the Rosebud, the Times, and the Avalon theaters, said he sought the expansion of hours, particularly on Thursday, to allow him to show films beginning at midnight.
Some movies that he receives do not allow him to show them until Friday. So by starting the movie at midnight Thursday, he can adhere to the agreement, but still get a jump on the weekend.
Previously, the closing time on Thursday was midnight. The closing time on Friday and Saturday nights was 2:30 a.m.
Gigl said the midnight Thursday showings would probably occur once or twice a month.
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30