Ulta, Dick's Sporting Goods, Nordstrom Rack confirmed for Wauwatosa's Mayfair Collections
Spokesman says build-out makes room for hoped-for retailers
Mayfair Collections is slowly taking shape, with several announced tenants and others that are technically unconfirmed.
The confirmed tenants include Ulta, a cosmetics and fragrance purveyor; Dick's Sporting Goods; and Nordstrom Rack, a discount outlet.
A sign in the site's construction area mentions an Old Navy clothing store and Sak's Fifth Avenue OFF 5th, which sells discounted brand name clothing.
Brenton Schroeder, marketing director for HSA, which is developing Mayfair Collections, said media reports that the contractor is building out space for other named national retailers does not mean that they are confirmed tenants.
"We're designing space with prospective tenants in mind," he said. "We have to live within the envelope of the building in a lot of ways, because it's an adaptive re-use. I mean certainly we would never build a (new) retail building on spec unless we had tenant commitments, if we were coming straight out of the ground. But since this is an existing building, we're designing space and blocking out space with certain prospects in mind, but that's only because we're living within the envelope of the building."
Carter's, which sells children's clothing; Torrid, which sells plus-size clothes; Maurices, selling women's clothing; and Men's Wearhouse were cited by the contractor of the site as having identified spaces in the build-out, as reported in Patch.
Schroeder said these stores could be termed likely tenants, but not confirmed tenants.
He said he expects a major announcement on tenant signings in the coming weeks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa East student completes leadership program at Yale University
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike