Ulta, Dick's Sporting Goods, Nordstrom Rack confirmed for Wauwatosa's Mayfair Collections
Spokesman says build-out makes room for hoped-for retailers
Mayfair Collections is slowly taking shape, with several announced tenants and others that are technically unconfirmed.
The confirmed tenants include Ulta, a cosmetics and fragrance purveyor; Dick's Sporting Goods; and Nordstrom Rack, a discount outlet.
A sign in the site's construction area mentions an Old Navy clothing store and Sak's Fifth Avenue OFF 5th, which sells discounted brand name clothing.
Brenton Schroeder, marketing director for HSA, which is developing Mayfair Collections, said media reports that the contractor is building out space for other named national retailers does not mean that they are confirmed tenants.
"We're designing space with prospective tenants in mind," he said. "We have to live within the envelope of the building in a lot of ways, because it's an adaptive re-use. I mean certainly we would never build a (new) retail building on spec unless we had tenant commitments, if we were coming straight out of the ground. But since this is an existing building, we're designing space and blocking out space with certain prospects in mind, but that's only because we're living within the envelope of the building."
Carter's, which sells children's clothing; Torrid, which sells plus-size clothes; Maurices, selling women's clothing; and Men's Wearhouse were cited by the contractor of the site as having identified spaces in the build-out, as reported in Patch.
Schroeder said these stores could be termed likely tenants, but not confirmed tenants.
He said he expects a major announcement on tenant signings in the coming weeks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop
- Large crowd in Wauwatosa gymnasium discusses coyote attacks, seeks answers (1)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Oct. 12
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 8