Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin has been named one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals for 2013 in an annual listing by Truven Health Analytics.
The hospital was cited as a major teaching hospital, along with 14 others.
"Our vision is to demonstrate superior value," said Cathy Jacobson, CEO of Froedtert Health, in a statement. "This award means we are demonstrating excellence across the organization, delivering top-notch patient outcomes, keeping costs down, following recommended processes and providing value to the community as a trusted care partner. This is recognition for the work our staff and Medical College of Wisconsin physician partners do every day."
The Truven Health rankings evaluate performance in 10 areas: mortality, medical complications, patient safety, average patient stay, expenses, profitability, patient satisfaction, adherence to clinical standards of care, post-discharge mortality, and readmission rates for heart attacks, heart failure and pneumonia.
Froedtert & The Medical College was the only hospital in southeastern Wisconsin to be ranked. Three others from the state also were listed: Aurora Sheboygan Memorial Medical Center, named in the medium-size category; and Ministry Saint Clare's Hospital, in Weston, and Sauk Prairie Memorial Hospital and Clinics, in Prairie du Sac, both named among small community hospitals.
"This year's winners have brought even higher value to their local communities - better quality, higher efficiency and high patient perceptions of care, while confronting the challenges of massive industry-wide transformation to implement healthcare reform," said Jean Chenoweth, senior vice president at Truven Health Analytics.
Dr. John R. Raymond Sr., president and CEO of the Medical College of Wisconsin, said: "Medical College of Wisconsin physicians are leading change in healthcare at a time when transformation is needed. Our strong partnership with Froedtert Hospital provides the right environment for innovation and integration of care, and while much work remains, this award confirms we are moving in the right direction."
The national rankings have been annually published for more than 20 years, most recently by Modern Healthcare. Nearly 3,000 hospitals were evaluated.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern