Baristas at Starbucks, 3900 N. 124th St., had a nasty surprise for the third time at 12:44 p.m. Feb. 13. A man had stolen their tip jar.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An anonymous customer told the manager that a man had just taken the tip jar and was running out the door.
While there was only $20 in the tip jar, the flustered manager wasn't about to let the man get away without a chase. He bolted down the road, pursuing him for a quarter-mile.
The chase ended at the 12100 block of West Capitol Drive, where the thief jumped into a waiting getaway car and flew down the road.
The vehicle is described as a gold-colored, mid-'90s station wagon with a rounded back end.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa students hit same average ACT score as last year
- Wauwatosa health department addresses residents' 'excessive' drinking
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest; Aug. 21
- News and Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Construction underway on Hart Park Pavilion
- Wauwatosa pastor defends political speech in federal court case
- Band Blast Off gives beginner musicians a boost
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words