Baristas at Starbucks, 3900 N. 124th St., had a nasty surprise for the third time at 12:44 p.m. Feb. 13. A man had stolen their tip jar.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An anonymous customer told the manager that a man had just taken the tip jar and was running out the door.
While there was only $20 in the tip jar, the flustered manager wasn't about to let the man get away without a chase. He bolted down the road, pursuing him for a quarter-mile.
The chase ended at the 12100 block of West Capitol Drive, where the thief jumped into a waiting getaway car and flew down the road.
The vehicle is described as a gold-colored, mid-'90s station wagon with a rounded back end.
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Yale Place was once known as Pickle Alley
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle parking ban is obsolete
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy reports consistent enrollment numbers
- Irish Fest gears up for week of classes at Tosa's CelticMKE Center
- Tosa Skateboarders United hosts first event since opening of new park
- Friends of Center Street Park will launch new barbecue event July 3