A trio of alleged shoplifters tried to make a getaway but were nabbed by a nearby police officer.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Two Milwaukee girls, ages 15 and 17, and an 18-year-old Milwaukee woman were arrested after trying to take multiple items from Kmart, 3201 N. Mayfair Road, at 5:43 p.m. Nov. 11.
The group allegedly walked through the store, taking a curling iron and multiple pairs of underwear, stuffing many items into their bras.
They were watched as they took the items and when they tried to leave the store, they heard an employee say, "Call security."
At that, they started running. Security chased them into the parking lot, where one of the females threw a bag containing the stolen goods into a waiting Mercedes. The car took off, with the trio in it.
The group was caught at a nearby BP gas station. The Mercedes was pulled over by an officer not far from the scene of the crime.
When officers approached the Mercedes, the driver seemed nervous. The driver admitted to being an accomplice while being questioned by the officer.
The 18-year-old gave officers the wrong information about herself when she was caught. She was arrested for obstructing an investigation, and the others were arrested for retail theft.
- Tosa Farmers Market opens June 4 with new manager, new vendors
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 2
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 22 - 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why was a home on the parkway razed?
- Youth group raises funds by planting pink flamingos
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 2
- School Notes: June 2
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle ordinance should be preserved (3)
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 2
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo