A couple coordinated a $359 clothing caper at Macy's, 2500 N. Mayfair Road, at 3:07 p.m. Feb. 21.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A man and woman entered the store, selected clothing including four children's shirts and two pairs of children's pants and put them in the woman's shopping bags.
The man distracted cashiers while the woman ran out of the store, setting off the alarm.
Both booked to the parking lot with the man yelling that he was the one who set off the alarms and stole the clothes. When guards weren't taking the bait, he yelled for the woman to "get in the (expletive) car!"
Fearing they had a fight on their hands, the security guards backed off. The two drove off but not before the guards wrote down their license plate number.
Police followed up on an address, but the suspect had moved the year before. They believe the man is a 45-year-old Milwaukee resident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)