A couple coordinated a $359 clothing caper at Macy's, 2500 N. Mayfair Road, at 3:07 p.m. Feb. 21.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A man and woman entered the store, selected clothing including four children's shirts and two pairs of children's pants and put them in the woman's shopping bags.
The man distracted cashiers while the woman ran out of the store, setting off the alarm.
Both booked to the parking lot with the man yelling that he was the one who set off the alarms and stole the clothes. When guards weren't taking the bait, he yelled for the woman to "get in the (expletive) car!"
Fearing they had a fight on their hands, the security guards backed off. The two drove off but not before the guards wrote down their license plate number.
Police followed up on an address, but the suspect had moved the year before. They believe the man is a 45-year-old Milwaukee resident.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (2)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?