A couple coordinated a $359 clothing caper at Macy's, 2500 N. Mayfair Road, at 3:07 p.m. Feb. 21.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A man and woman entered the store, selected clothing including four children's shirts and two pairs of children's pants and put them in the woman's shopping bags.
The man distracted cashiers while the woman ran out of the store, setting off the alarm.
Both booked to the parking lot with the man yelling that he was the one who set off the alarms and stole the clothes. When guards weren't taking the bait, he yelled for the woman to "get in the (expletive) car!"
Fearing they had a fight on their hands, the security guards backed off. The two drove off but not before the guards wrote down their license plate number.
Police followed up on an address, but the suspect had moved the year before. They believe the man is a 45-year-old Milwaukee resident.
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall (6)
- Our newspaper website is changing
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 28
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work