A Wauwatosa homeowner tried to chase down burglars with his car after coming home to discover them in the process of breaking into his house last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The homeowner pulled up to his house in the 2600 block of North 72nd Street on Jan. 29 and found a broken-in door and a SUV with three or four people in it and the engine running. The SUV screamed away and the man gave chase.
The homeowner stopped following the SUV after it ran through red lights.
He came home to a pried-open door, a ransacked home and missing electronics including a television and gaming system. He believes the burglary happened between 11 a.m. and 6:15 p.m.
The loss is estimated at $3,170.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Local developer sees opportunity for rebuild of Wauwatosa library, city hall
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?