A Wauwatosa homeowner tried to chase down burglars with his car after coming home to discover them in the process of breaking into his house last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The homeowner pulled up to his house in the 2600 block of North 72nd Street on Jan. 29 and found a broken-in door and a SUV with three or four people in it and the engine running. The SUV screamed away and the man gave chase.
The homeowner stopped following the SUV after it ran through red lights.
He came home to a pried-open door, a ransacked home and missing electronics including a television and gaming system. He believes the burglary happened between 11 a.m. and 6:15 p.m.
The loss is estimated at $3,170.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options