A Wauwatosa homeowner tried to chase down burglars with his car after coming home to discover them in the process of breaking into his house last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The homeowner pulled up to his house in the 2600 block of North 72nd Street on Jan. 29 and found a broken-in door and a SUV with three or four people in it and the engine running. The SUV screamed away and the man gave chase.
The homeowner stopped following the SUV after it ran through red lights.
He came home to a pried-open door, a ransacked home and missing electronics including a television and gaming system. He believes the burglary happened between 11 a.m. and 6:15 p.m.
The loss is estimated at $3,170.
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall (11)
- Our newspaper website is changing
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 28
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21