A Wauwatosa homeowner tried to chase down burglars with his car after coming home to discover them in the process of breaking into his house last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The homeowner pulled up to his house in the 2600 block of North 72nd Street on Jan. 29 and found a broken-in door and a SUV with three or four people in it and the engine running. The SUV screamed away and the man gave chase.
The homeowner stopped following the SUV after it ran through red lights.
He came home to a pried-open door, a ransacked home and missing electronics including a television and gaming system. He believes the burglary happened between 11 a.m. and 6:15 p.m.
The loss is estimated at $3,170.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills (1)