A Wauwatosa homeowner tried to chase down burglars with his car after coming home to discover them in the process of breaking into his house last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The homeowner pulled up to his house in the 2600 block of North 72nd Street on Jan. 29 and found a broken-in door and a SUV with three or four people in it and the engine running. The SUV screamed away and the man gave chase.
The homeowner stopped following the SUV after it ran through red lights.
He came home to a pried-open door, a ransacked home and missing electronics including a television and gaming system. He believes the burglary happened between 11 a.m. and 6:15 p.m.
The loss is estimated at $3,170.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Not just a class, but an adventure
- Decision on Mayfair apartment proposal delayed by Wauwatosa plan panel
- Ask NOW: Why all the yellow flags on Wisconsin Avenue in Wauwatosa?
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Plumber dragged as he tries to stop tool thieves outside Wauwatosa Home Depot
- Man arrested for exposing himself to woman in Wauwatosa
- Police Report: Dec. 11
- Wauwatosa schedules North Avenue repaving project for summer
- Wauwatosa presents new teacher pay plan
- Wauwatosa School Board honors 11 staff employees for exemplary service