Wauwatosa City Hall voting location will change
Health Department renovation moves polling to library room
The voting location for the city of Wauwatosa's Wards 4 and 5 will change for the February primary and April general elections, City Clerk Carla Ledesma said.
The renovation of the Health Department space has forced health services to be moved to the lower auditorium, where voting typically occurs, Ledesma said.
Polling for the two elections will take place in the library's Firefly Room, on the first floor, at the east end of the building. The room is handicapped accessible, she noted.
Ward 4 - south of North Avenue, north of the Menomonee River and west of Church, 81st and 83rd Streets - has 2,600 registered voters, Ledesma said. Ward 5 - contained by the river, North Avenue on the north, Mayfair Road on the west and Watertown Plank Road on the south - has 1,650 registered voters.
The Feb. 19 primary ballot will have a Supreme Court race, with Ed Fallone and Vince Megna running against incumbent Pat Roggensack. It also will have three candidates running for Branch 45 Circuit Court judge: Gil Urfer, Janet Claire Protasiewicz, and incumbent Rebecca Bradley.
In the April 2 general election, the top-two finishers in the Supreme Court primary and the top-two Circuit Court finishers will face off. Also, Don Pridemore will be running against incumbent Tony Evers for the post of state superintendent of Public Instruction.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 17-23 (1)
- Monarch-friendly plants for sale in Wauwatosa Sunday
- Wauwatosa reaches deal on Locust Street drop-off lot for students
- Consultant begins process to redesign Wauwatosa Village streetscape (2)
- Wauwatosa farmers market opening for sixth season Saturday
- Milwaukee man charged for causing fatal rollover crash in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (6)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28