Wauwatosa City Hall voting location will change
Health Department renovation moves polling to library room
The voting location for the city of Wauwatosa's Wards 4 and 5 will change for the February primary and April general elections, City Clerk Carla Ledesma said.
The renovation of the Health Department space has forced health services to be moved to the lower auditorium, where voting typically occurs, Ledesma said.
Polling for the two elections will take place in the library's Firefly Room, on the first floor, at the east end of the building. The room is handicapped accessible, she noted.
Ward 4 - south of North Avenue, north of the Menomonee River and west of Church, 81st and 83rd Streets - has 2,600 registered voters, Ledesma said. Ward 5 - contained by the river, North Avenue on the north, Mayfair Road on the west and Watertown Plank Road on the south - has 1,650 registered voters.
The Feb. 19 primary ballot will have a Supreme Court race, with Ed Fallone and Vince Megna running against incumbent Pat Roggensack. It also will have three candidates running for Branch 45 Circuit Court judge: Gil Urfer, Janet Claire Protasiewicz, and incumbent Rebecca Bradley.
In the April 2 general election, the top-two finishers in the Supreme Court primary and the top-two Circuit Court finishers will face off. Also, Don Pridemore will be running against incumbent Tony Evers for the post of state superintendent of Public Instruction.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School