I enthusiastically support Michael Walsh for alderman for the 4th District of Wauwatosa.
I work with Michael on the Board of Directors for Tosa Tonight —the free concert series in Hart Park. Having known Michael, I am impressed by his unwavering non-partisan approach to problem solving, not only for Tosa Tonight, but during his previous time on the city council, from 2008-12.
The council can use his empathic demeanor in negotiating solutions to multifaceted issues. I feel Michael really proved his mettle having served on the council and as the chairperson of the influential Budget and Finance Committee during the major economic downturn. During Michael's time on the council, Wauwatosa was able to keep its AAA bond rating, able to replace the longstanding budget director who retired and keep services flowing to all Wauwatosa citizens while keeping all of our taxes in check.
But, if I had to describe Michael in one word it would be "service." From his time in the Peace Corps to serving on the council to ushering at church, Michael makes service a daily part of his life. The 4th District needs a person like Michael on the council. Please join me in supporting Michael on April 1.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety