I enthusiastically support Michael Walsh for alderman for the 4th District of Wauwatosa.
I work with Michael on the Board of Directors for Tosa Tonight —the free concert series in Hart Park. Having known Michael, I am impressed by his unwavering non-partisan approach to problem solving, not only for Tosa Tonight, but during his previous time on the city council, from 2008-12.
The council can use his empathic demeanor in negotiating solutions to multifaceted issues. I feel Michael really proved his mettle having served on the council and as the chairperson of the influential Budget and Finance Committee during the major economic downturn. During Michael's time on the council, Wauwatosa was able to keep its AAA bond rating, able to replace the longstanding budget director who retired and keep services flowing to all Wauwatosa citizens while keeping all of our taxes in check.
But, if I had to describe Michael in one word it would be "service." From his time in the Peace Corps to serving on the council to ushering at church, Michael makes service a daily part of his life. The 4th District needs a person like Michael on the council. Please join me in supporting Michael on April 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa pedestrian killed by train
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal
- What to expect on a Nov. 4 ballot in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Department joins Facebook for more than just 'friends'