The community is invited to take a walk in support of Kaylen Birk this evening, a 4K student at Lincoln Elementary who has been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor.
The walk starts at 7 p.m. at the The Little Red Store situated adjacent to the parking lot under the Harmonee Bridge. Participants will walk along the parkway to the Hoyt Park bridge and back.
For more information about the walk, call 414-467-8011.
Organizers call the event an opportunity to "provide strength and support" to the Birk family.
Kaylen Birk is in the process of receiving treatment through the week for six weeks at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
For those who want to follow her progress can go to www.caringbridge.org/viti/kaylenbirk1.
To help the family offset health care costs, send checks to Kaylen Birk Care Fund, c/o Great Midwest Bank, 15900 W. Bluemound Rd, Brookfield, WI 53005.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa's All-City Read well underway, more events to come
- Wauwatosa Revolving Loan Fund celebrates 25 years
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes two new lionesses
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 15
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound? (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 8