The community is invited to take a walk in support of Kaylen Birk this evening, a 4K student at Lincoln Elementary who has been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor.
The walk starts at 7 p.m. at the The Little Red Store situated adjacent to the parking lot under the Harmonee Bridge. Participants will walk along the parkway to the Hoyt Park bridge and back.
For more information about the walk, call 414-467-8011.
Organizers call the event an opportunity to "provide strength and support" to the Birk family.
Kaylen Birk is in the process of receiving treatment through the week for six weeks at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
For those who want to follow her progress can go to www.caringbridge.org/viti/kaylenbirk1.
To help the family offset health care costs, send checks to Kaylen Birk Care Fund, c/o Great Midwest Bank, 15900 W. Bluemound Rd, Brookfield, WI 53005.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety