The community is invited to take a walk in support of Kaylen Birk this evening, a 4K student at Lincoln Elementary who has been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor.
The walk starts at 7 p.m. at the The Little Red Store situated adjacent to the parking lot under the Harmonee Bridge. Participants will walk along the parkway to the Hoyt Park bridge and back.
For more information about the walk, call 414-467-8011.
Organizers call the event an opportunity to "provide strength and support" to the Birk family.
Kaylen Birk is in the process of receiving treatment through the week for six weeks at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
For those who want to follow her progress can go to www.caringbridge.org/viti/kaylenbirk1.
To help the family offset health care costs, send checks to Kaylen Birk Care Fund, c/o Great Midwest Bank, 15900 W. Bluemound Rd, Brookfield, WI 53005.
- Wauwatosa Business Notes: May 26
- Wauwatosa officer rescues seven ducklings trapped in storm sewer
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Remember the fallen; voting in schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 15 - 21
- Wauwatosa School Notes: May 26
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: May 26
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 26
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 26
- Video: Reporter takes us along the 2016 Run Tosa Run