The community is invited to take a walk in support of Kaylen Birk this evening, a 4K student at Lincoln Elementary who has been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor.
The walk starts at 7 p.m. at the The Little Red Store situated adjacent to the parking lot under the Harmonee Bridge. Participants will walk along the parkway to the Hoyt Park bridge and back.
For more information about the walk, call 414-467-8011.
Organizers call the event an opportunity to "provide strength and support" to the Birk family.
Kaylen Birk is in the process of receiving treatment through the week for six weeks at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
For those who want to follow her progress can go to www.caringbridge.org/viti/kaylenbirk1.
To help the family offset health care costs, send checks to Kaylen Birk Care Fund, c/o Great Midwest Bank, 15900 W. Bluemound Rd, Brookfield, WI 53005.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94