The community is invited to take a walk in support of Kaylen Birk this evening, a 4K student at Lincoln Elementary who has been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor.
The walk starts at 7 p.m. at the The Little Red Store situated adjacent to the parking lot under the Harmonee Bridge. Participants will walk along the parkway to the Hoyt Park bridge and back.
For more information about the walk, call 414-467-8011.
Organizers call the event an opportunity to "provide strength and support" to the Birk family.
Kaylen Birk is in the process of receiving treatment through the week for six weeks at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
For those who want to follow her progress can go to www.caringbridge.org/viti/kaylenbirk1.
To help the family offset health care costs, send checks to Kaylen Birk Care Fund, c/o Great Midwest Bank, 15900 W. Bluemound Rd, Brookfield, WI 53005.
- Shoulder mount of beloved deer 'Bow Tie' to return to Milwaukee Co. Parks
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (2)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30