Voters who live in Ward 20 - a portion of the 7th District - will no longer vote at the Wauwatosa School District administration building. For future elections, they will cast their votes at the Public Works building, 11100 W. Walnut Road.
With an alternative high school and Montessori school for younger children occupying portions of the district's Fisher Building, it's been increasingly challenging to find adequate space to set up a voting station there, City Clerk Carla Ledesma said.
The Public Works facility offers plenty of parking, handicap accessibility and enough space for voters to wait inside if there is a line to vote, she said. There's also space to store election signs and equipment.
Residents living in Ward 20 will be notified by postcard of the change prior to the February primary election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rollover crash shuts down southbound Highway 45 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2
- Motorcyclist dies after collision on North Avenue in East Tosa
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: Oct. 2
- Hue serving first dinner in Tosa tonight
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Oct. 2
- Business Spotlight: Salamander changed shape, until it took on women's clothing
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Sept. 25
- Voter ID requirement complicates absentee voting in Wauwatosa