Voters who live in Ward 20 - a portion of the 7th District - will no longer vote at the Wauwatosa School District administration building. For future elections, they will cast their votes at the Public Works building, 11100 W. Walnut Road.
With an alternative high school and Montessori school for younger children occupying portions of the district's Fisher Building, it's been increasingly challenging to find adequate space to set up a voting station there, City Clerk Carla Ledesma said.
The Public Works facility offers plenty of parking, handicap accessibility and enough space for voters to wait inside if there is a line to vote, she said. There's also space to store election signs and equipment.
Residents living in Ward 20 will be notified by postcard of the change prior to the February primary election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Biz Buzz: Corner Bakery, T.J. Maxx, Pizza Man, Camp Bar Tosa, Hue Vietnamese Restaurant
- Business Notes: Oct. 23
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring
- T.J. Maxx opening Oct. 30 in Wauwatosa
- Business Spotlight: Designing, contracting go hand in hand for French Country Pine
- Things to Do: Oct. 23
- 500 free winter emergency kits given away at Mayfair tomorrow
- Camp Bar Tosa opens Saturday
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Early Learners' Class gets 2- and early 3-year-olds ready for school