Voters who live in Ward 20 - a portion of the 7th District - will no longer vote at the Wauwatosa School District administration building. For future elections, they will cast their votes at the Public Works building, 11100 W. Walnut Road.
With an alternative high school and Montessori school for younger children occupying portions of the district's Fisher Building, it's been increasingly challenging to find adequate space to set up a voting station there, City Clerk Carla Ledesma said.
The Public Works facility offers plenty of parking, handicap accessibility and enough space for voters to wait inside if there is a line to vote, she said. There's also space to store election signs and equipment.
Residents living in Ward 20 will be notified by postcard of the change prior to the February primary election.
- Wauwatosa East freshman stands up to sexual assault through Denim Day
- Superhero essay contest winners named, with their essays!
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Roznowski, Calarco, voting in schools, abandoned dog
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: May 5
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 5
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village