Two women reported being followed by an Indian man in his early-to-mid 20s while walking through Hart Park last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police reports:
A woman's shortcut through Hart Park ended in a terrified run from a man who had been following her.
The woman had been shopping at Pick 'n Save, 6950 W. State St., and was walking through Hart Park between 1 and 2 p.m. Jan. 29 when she noticed she was being followed.
At first, she thought nothing of it and changed her direction a few times. Her pursuer changed his direction as well. She started jogging. He started jogging. She broke into a flat-out run. He ran as well.
She broke out of the park, changed direction again and fled into a building. She saw him exit the park, look both ways and go back in.
She escaped her would-be pursuer.
She wasn't the only one followed last week.
While investigating, police spoke with a Park and Recreation employee who gave a similar description and story. She was also followed during her lunch break. She escaped into a public building. While she did not run, she noted that a man was intently following her and thought he was going to try to take her wallet.
The man is described as a male with dark skin, 20 to 25 years old, 5-foot-9 and weighing 150 lbs.
- Shoulder mount of beloved deer 'Bow Tie' to return to Milwaukee Co. Parks
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (2)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30