Police were led on a short, low-speed pursuit that ended in the woods after trying to stop a stolen car.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An officer tried to pull a speeding Dodge Neon over at the intersection of Washington Circle and Martha Washington Drive at 11:52 p.m. Oct. 10 when the car tried to escape him.
The driver blew through a stoplight, went over a curb and stopped in a field when the two occupants bailed out and started running away.
The suspects ran into the woods with multiple flashlight-wielding officers at their heels.
Police caught glimpses of the suspect's silhouettes, reflective shoes and movement but were unable to find them. Police did, however, find a pair of jeans with an identification card in them.
Police estimate the chase reached speeds of 40 to 45 mph, with a total distance of 0.7 miles.
The Neon was found to be stolen and was returned to its owner.
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle parking ban is obsolete
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy reports consistent enrollment numbers
- Irish Fest gears up for week of classes at Tosa's CelticMKE Center
- Tosa Skateboarders United hosts first event since opening of new park
- Friends of Center Street Park will launch new barbecue event July 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (4)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park