Police were led on a short, low-speed pursuit that ended in the woods after trying to stop a stolen car.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An officer tried to pull a speeding Dodge Neon over at the intersection of Washington Circle and Martha Washington Drive at 11:52 p.m. Oct. 10 when the car tried to escape him.
The driver blew through a stoplight, went over a curb and stopped in a field when the two occupants bailed out and started running away.
The suspects ran into the woods with multiple flashlight-wielding officers at their heels.
Police caught glimpses of the suspect's silhouettes, reflective shoes and movement but were unable to find them. Police did, however, find a pair of jeans with an identification card in them.
Police estimate the chase reached speeds of 40 to 45 mph, with a total distance of 0.7 miles.
The Neon was found to be stolen and was returned to its owner.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- East Tosa BID rejected
- Rollover crash shuts down southbound Highway 45 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2
- Motorcyclist dies after collision on North Avenue in East Tosa
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: Oct. 2
- Hue serving first dinner in Tosa tonight
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Oct. 2
- Business Spotlight: Salamander changed shape, until it took on women's clothing
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Sept. 25