Fire alarms were blaring in a Wauwatosa Kmart last week, but there was no fire. The false alarm was caused by a man running away with a 26-inch flat-screen television.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A man walked into Kmart, 3201 N. Mayfair Road, at 3:48 p.m. Sept. 19, grabbed a cart and went directly to the electronics section. He put a flat-screen TV into the cart and wheeled it out the back door, tripping the alarm. He was in the store for less than two minutes.
Employees noticed the alarm and gave chase but it was too late. The man and the TV were gone.
Review of the surveillance video revealed that the man must have parked behind neighboring Sears. He ran in that direction and is thought to have driven off.
The television is valued at $224.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: Why do the schools have to rent Hart Park facilities?
- World War II vets take flight
- School Briefs: April 17
- Police Report: April 8
- City says goodbye to 'Mr. Wauwatosa'
- Culinary competitions heat up Wauwatosa School District
- Whitman students advance to state contest
- News & Notes: April 10