Fire alarms were blaring in a Wauwatosa Kmart last week, but there was no fire. The false alarm was caused by a man running away with a 26-inch flat-screen television.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A man walked into Kmart, 3201 N. Mayfair Road, at 3:48 p.m. Sept. 19, grabbed a cart and went directly to the electronics section. He put a flat-screen TV into the cart and wheeled it out the back door, tripping the alarm. He was in the store for less than two minutes.
Employees noticed the alarm and gave chase but it was too late. The man and the TV were gone.
Review of the surveillance video revealed that the man must have parked behind neighboring Sears. He ran in that direction and is thought to have driven off.
The television is valued at $224.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa school board hears proposals for new course offerings
- Almost 200 people gather for lecture on Islam on Nov. 19 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa East mourns death of classmate Davion 'Sugar Bear' Crawford
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo celebrates first birthday of young gorilla
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Nov. 30
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 15 - 21 (1)
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Nov. 29
- Wauwatosa stores set Thanksgiving, Black Friday hours
- Tosa's city health department earns national accreditation