Fire alarms were blaring in a Wauwatosa Kmart last week, but there was no fire. The false alarm was caused by a man running away with a 26-inch flat-screen television.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A man walked into Kmart, 3201 N. Mayfair Road, at 3:48 p.m. Sept. 19, grabbed a cart and went directly to the electronics section. He put a flat-screen TV into the cart and wheeled it out the back door, tripping the alarm. He was in the store for less than two minutes.
Employees noticed the alarm and gave chase but it was too late. The man and the TV were gone.
Review of the surveillance video revealed that the man must have parked behind neighboring Sears. He ran in that direction and is thought to have driven off.
The television is valued at $224.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes