Fire alarms were blaring in a Wauwatosa Kmart last week, but there was no fire. The false alarm was caused by a man running away with a 26-inch flat-screen television.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A man walked into Kmart, 3201 N. Mayfair Road, at 3:48 p.m. Sept. 19, grabbed a cart and went directly to the electronics section. He put a flat-screen TV into the cart and wheeled it out the back door, tripping the alarm. He was in the store for less than two minutes.
Employees noticed the alarm and gave chase but it was too late. The man and the TV were gone.
Review of the surveillance video revealed that the man must have parked behind neighboring Sears. He ran in that direction and is thought to have driven off.
The television is valued at $224.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: May 20
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat
- Wauwatosa preservation panel approves plan for Eschweiler buildings
- Village of Wauwatosa starts work on new signage system
- ANEW offers seniors in need of care options
- Developer drops controversial Village project in Wauwatosa
- Baseball diamond project gets Wauwatosa panel's approval
- News & Notes: May 16