Fire alarms were blaring in a Wauwatosa Kmart last week, but there was no fire. The false alarm was caused by a man running away with a 26-inch flat-screen television.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A man walked into Kmart, 3201 N. Mayfair Road, at 3:48 p.m. Sept. 19, grabbed a cart and went directly to the electronics section. He put a flat-screen TV into the cart and wheeled it out the back door, tripping the alarm. He was in the store for less than two minutes.
Employees noticed the alarm and gave chase but it was too late. The man and the TV were gone.
Review of the surveillance video revealed that the man must have parked behind neighboring Sears. He ran in that direction and is thought to have driven off.
The television is valued at $224.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)