Turkeypants indoor playground eyes Potter Road location
Plans to open in Village scrapped
An indoor playground planned for Tosa's Village is now looking at a location on Potter Road instead.
Wauwatosa mom Mary Pruitt Martinez got the city's approval this spring to operate Turkeypants Playground in the same State Street building that houses George Webb. The property owner has since fielded offers for uses that would take up more of the vacant space in the building, she said.
"We decided to let it go and move on," Pruitt Martinez told the Plan Commission yesterday.
Now she's working with the owners of the building at 10930 W. Potter Road, next to Bryant & Stratton College.
The 4,000-square-foot space is a bit larger than the prior location. She plans to offer indoor play equipment for children ages infant to 10 years old.
There would be an admission charge per child, and the majority of the time, children would need to be accompanied by an adult. However, there may be special events at which drop-offs are allowed, she said.
The commission unanimously supported the business opening in the new location. The proposal will go to Community Development Committee tonight.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue