Turkeypants indoor playground eyes Potter Road location
Plans to open in Village scrapped
An indoor playground planned for Tosa's Village is now looking at a location on Potter Road instead.
Wauwatosa mom Mary Pruitt Martinez got the city's approval this spring to operate Turkeypants Playground in the same State Street building that houses George Webb. The property owner has since fielded offers for uses that would take up more of the vacant space in the building, she said.
"We decided to let it go and move on," Pruitt Martinez told the Plan Commission yesterday.
Now she's working with the owners of the building at 10930 W. Potter Road, next to Bryant & Stratton College.
The 4,000-square-foot space is a bit larger than the prior location. She plans to offer indoor play equipment for children ages infant to 10 years old.
There would be an admission charge per child, and the majority of the time, children would need to be accompanied by an adult. However, there may be special events at which drop-offs are allowed, she said.
The commission unanimously supported the business opening in the new location. The proposal will go to Community Development Committee tonight.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23