Turkeypants indoor playground eyes Potter Road location
Plans to open in Village scrapped
An indoor playground planned for Tosa's Village is now looking at a location on Potter Road instead.
Wauwatosa mom Mary Pruitt Martinez got the city's approval this spring to operate Turkeypants Playground in the same State Street building that houses George Webb. The property owner has since fielded offers for uses that would take up more of the vacant space in the building, she said.
"We decided to let it go and move on," Pruitt Martinez told the Plan Commission yesterday.
Now she's working with the owners of the building at 10930 W. Potter Road, next to Bryant & Stratton College.
The 4,000-square-foot space is a bit larger than the prior location. She plans to offer indoor play equipment for children ages infant to 10 years old.
There would be an admission charge per child, and the majority of the time, children would need to be accompanied by an adult. However, there may be special events at which drop-offs are allowed, she said.
The commission unanimously supported the business opening in the new location. The proposal will go to Community Development Committee tonight.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School