Turkeypants indoor playground eyes Potter Road location
Plans to open in Village scrapped
An indoor playground planned for Tosa's Village is now looking at a location on Potter Road instead.
Wauwatosa mom Mary Pruitt Martinez got the city's approval this spring to operate Turkeypants Playground in the same State Street building that houses George Webb. The property owner has since fielded offers for uses that would take up more of the vacant space in the building, she said.
"We decided to let it go and move on," Pruitt Martinez told the Plan Commission yesterday.
Now she's working with the owners of the building at 10930 W. Potter Road, next to Bryant & Stratton College.
The 4,000-square-foot space is a bit larger than the prior location. She plans to offer indoor play equipment for children ages infant to 10 years old.
There would be an admission charge per child, and the majority of the time, children would need to be accompanied by an adult. However, there may be special events at which drop-offs are allowed, she said.
The commission unanimously supported the business opening in the new location. The proposal will go to Community Development Committee tonight.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hazardous waste collection event sets Sept. 12 date
- Tosa Green Summit returns Sept. 12
- Call for Taste of Tosa cupcake and chili registrants
- Wauwatosa West class of '65 to celebrate 50th high school reunion
- Library Recommendations: Sept. 3
- Retired Tosa detective thwarts attempted car thieves, one of whom was 12 (6)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Sept. 7
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3