Repair work to the Harmonee Bridge, a gateway into the Village in Wauwatosa, is expected to begin Monday.
The work will require temporary lane closures, though workers will try to minimize closures between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily, Public Works Director Bill Porter said. One lane of traffic will remain open in each direction at all times.
The Harmonee Bridge provides an entrance into the Village from Watertown Plank Road.
The $1.2 million project will include structural repairs and repainting by Florida-based contractor Monoco. The work is expected to be completed by the end of this year.
City staff has consulted with Village Business Improvement District officials to look at aesthetic enhancements as part of the project. A sign will be put up to help create an identity, new lights will complement lighting elsewhere in the district and improve safety for people using the parking lot, and pathways under the bridge will be installed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 17-23 (1)
- Monarch-friendly plants for sale in Wauwatosa Sunday
- Wauwatosa reaches deal on Locust Street drop-off lot for students
- Consultant begins process to redesign Wauwatosa Village streetscape (2)
- Wauwatosa farmers market opening for sixth season Saturday
- Milwaukee man charged for causing fatal rollover crash in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (6)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28