Repair work to the Harmonee Bridge, a gateway into the Village in Wauwatosa, is expected to begin Monday.
The work will require temporary lane closures, though workers will try to minimize closures between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily, Public Works Director Bill Porter said. One lane of traffic will remain open in each direction at all times.
The Harmonee Bridge provides an entrance into the Village from Watertown Plank Road.
The $1.2 million project will include structural repairs and repainting by Florida-based contractor Monoco. The work is expected to be completed by the end of this year.
City staff has consulted with Village Business Improvement District officials to look at aesthetic enhancements as part of the project. A sign will be put up to help create an identity, new lights will complement lighting elsewhere in the district and improve safety for people using the parking lot, and pathways under the bridge will be installed.
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department