The first Walmart Neighborhood Market in Wisconsin will soon be opening its doors in Wauwatosa, and it has begun searching for about 75 people to work there.
The 38,000-square-foot store, located at 3850 N. 124th St., likely will be opening this June, although a firm date has not yet been set, a Walmart media relations representative said.
The retailer has opened a temporary hiring center at W226-S1500 Highway 164 in Waukesha, where applications for full- and part-time positions will be accepted between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays. Applications also can be filed out online at Careers.Walmart.com.
The majority of associates will begin work in May to help prepare the store for the grand opening.
Walmart's Neighborhood Market stores operate in a smaller format than the company's standard retail locations. There are about 200 throughout the United States, with the Wauwatosa location being the only one in Wisconsin at this time.
The 24-hour store will feature fresh, dry and frozen foods, a fresh bakery and deli, photo kiosk, pharmacy, money center, celebrations center and site-to-store option, through which customers can order merchandise online and have it delivered to the store.
More details on the store's grand opening will be announced as they become available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Casey loses vice presidency, Randall retains presidency on Wauwatosa School Board
- Battle begins against lake-killing stonewort in Little Muskego Lake
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 7
- Wauwatosa alderman proposes cutting four seats on Common Council
- Wauwatosa's Lady in Red reopens as Nikki's Boutique after remodel
- 'Tarzan' takes flight at Wauwatosa East
- Tosa Recreation Dept. to hold textile recycling event
- Exactly 175 years ago, Wauwatosa became a town (3)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 30
- Milwaukee teens charged for armed robbery in Mayfair bathroom