The first Walmart Neighborhood Market in Wisconsin will soon be opening its doors in Wauwatosa, and it has begun searching for about 75 people to work there.
The 38,000-square-foot store, located at 3850 N. 124th St., likely will be opening this June, although a firm date has not yet been set, a Walmart media relations representative said.
The retailer has opened a temporary hiring center at W226-S1500 Highway 164 in Waukesha, where applications for full- and part-time positions will be accepted between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays. Applications also can be filed out online at Careers.Walmart.com.
The majority of associates will begin work in May to help prepare the store for the grand opening.
Walmart's Neighborhood Market stores operate in a smaller format than the company's standard retail locations. There are about 200 throughout the United States, with the Wauwatosa location being the only one in Wisconsin at this time.
The 24-hour store will feature fresh, dry and frozen foods, a fresh bakery and deli, photo kiosk, pharmacy, money center, celebrations center and site-to-store option, through which customers can order merchandise online and have it delivered to the store.
More details on the store's grand opening will be announced as they become available.
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Truck carrying appliances collides with railroad bridge in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: The Flower Lady stays true to the Village, and finds room to grow
- Tosa fire chief named to Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs Association
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30