The Neighborhood Association Council of Wauwatosa has announced its selection of books and schedule of events to celebrate the first All-City Read program.
The events complement the two books chosen for residents of Wauwatosa to read and discuss in January and February: "Rocket Boys," a memoir by Homer Hickam, which was made into the 1999 film "October Sky"; and "Hollow Earth," a fantasy thriller for younger readers by Wauwatosa resident and author Carole E. Barrowman, and her brother, John Barrowman.
The council has planned a variety of events related to the books, including a video chat with Homer Hickam at Wauwatosa West High School on Feb. 24; painting workshops at Arte Wine and Paint bar related to "Hollow Earth" on Feb. 9 and to "Rocket Boys" on Feb. 28; a special showing of "October Sky" at the Rosebud theater, including a discussion, on Feb. 20; and other events.
For information, see TosasAllCityRead.com/events.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fattoni's on North Avenue shuts down
- Matt Stippich will bring leadership skills, passion to council post
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program