A 29-year-old West Allis man faces two burglary charges, one with a dangerous weapon, after he allegedly sold items that were taken last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A resident woke up to the sound of his bedroom door handle jiggling and the floor in the hallway creaking at an apartment in the 12200 block of West Bluemound Road at 6:45 a.m. June 27.
He looked into the hall and saw a man with his back toward him going through closets. The resident asked what the burglar was doing and yelled at him to "get out."
The man allegedly pulled a folding knife out of his pants and walked toward the resident in a threatening manner. The resident quickly jumped back into his room and locked the door. When police arrived, he climbed out his bedroom window.
Two videogame systems and about 50 games, valued at $2,200, had been taken and a window screen had been removed.
Later that morning, a video game system with a matching serial number was sold to Record Head in West Allis. The seller's ID had the name Steven D. Gray. He reportedly told store workers the items belonged to him but he had been allowing his nephew to use them. Then he pulled a picture of a boy from his wallet as proof.
Police took the two systems and several games - some had already been put on the sales floor and sold - and a warrant was issued for Gray's arrest.
He was arrested by Greenfield police during a burglary investigation in their city. Gray allegedly had a folding knife on him, which had been used to cut a screen and gain entry to the Greenfield property.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for July 10. In the meantime, he is in Milwaukee County Jail.
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy reports consistent enrollment numbers
- Irish Fest gears up for week of classes at Tosa's CelticMKE Center
- Tosa Skateboarders United hosts first event since opening of new park
- Friends of Center Street Park will launch new barbecue event July 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (4)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events