Wisconsin's first Walmart Neighborhood Market will open June 20 in Wauwatosa, company officials say.
The grocery store and pharmacy - a new, smaller retail concept than the traditional Walmart - occupies space at 124th Street and Capitol Drive formerly used by Jewel-Osco.
The 38,000-square-foot Wauwatosa store will feature a self-serve deli, traditional grocery items and popular local products such as bratwurst and Italian sausage products from Klement's. Beer and wine also will be sold.
Customers can buy gift cards, gift wrap and party supplies at the Celebration Station. Shoppers will also find stations to print their own digital photos.
The pharmacy will offer a drive-thru.
Inside the store, people can buy an array of health and beauty products.
The store will provide 80 full- and part-time jobs, according to Walmart officials.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held at 7:30 a.m., during which the company will hand out $6,000 in grants to local community groups.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hazardous waste collection event sets Sept. 12 date
- Tosa Green Summit returns Sept. 12
- Call for Taste of Tosa cupcake and chili registrants
- Wauwatosa West class of '65 to celebrate 50th high school reunion
- Library Recommendations: Sept. 3
- Retired Tosa detective thwarts attempted car thieves, one of whom was 12 (6)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Sept. 7
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3