Wisconsin's first Walmart Neighborhood Market will open June 20 in Wauwatosa, company officials say.
The grocery store and pharmacy - a new, smaller retail concept than the traditional Walmart - occupies space at 124th Street and Capitol Drive formerly used by Jewel-Osco.
The 38,000-square-foot Wauwatosa store will feature a self-serve deli, traditional grocery items and popular local products such as bratwurst and Italian sausage products from Klement's. Beer and wine also will be sold.
Customers can buy gift cards, gift wrap and party supplies at the Celebration Station. Shoppers will also find stations to print their own digital photos.
The pharmacy will offer a drive-thru.
Inside the store, people can buy an array of health and beauty products.
The store will provide 80 full- and part-time jobs, according to Walmart officials.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held at 7:30 a.m., during which the company will hand out $6,000 in grants to local community groups.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 10 Days in Tosa offers map to participating restaurants
- Large Wauwatosa oak tree cut down after storm damage
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas (1)
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Annual '10 Days in Tosa' promises dining steals, good eats