Teams from four schools in the Wauwatosa School District placed in the Destination ImagiNation state competition in Stevens Point on April 12.
The Lincoln Elementary team (fine arts) took first place in their challenge and third place overall. Students on the fine arts team are Audrey Hardman, Chloe Eckdale-Dudley, Lauren Schmidt, Nathan Foley and Luke Milliman. Managers are Kevin Hardman and Jen Litzau.
The Lincoln Elementary team (technical) placed second overall. They are Sarah Gifford, Elena Williams, Austin Lehman, Thomas Birk and Max King. Managers are Donna Gifford and Conor Williams.
The Longfellow Middle School team (fine arts) placed second overall. They are Charlie Thomas, Eva Kalberer, Mary Catherine McMahon, Allie Boeckmann, Sofia Delgado and Jeff Chin. Anne Couling is the manager.
The East High School team (improvisation) placed second overall. They are Nora Grade, Megan Jensen, Margaret Smith, Liam McMahon and Ben Rinzel. Dan Grade is the manager.
Each team is required to complete an "instant challenge," with only a few minutes of preparation time. Although each team is supervised by an adult manager, the students must contribute all of the ideas and effort for their solutions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue
- In brief: July 24, 2014
- Numbers peak for Wauwatosa summer school enrollment, programs