East Tosa saw two armed robberies within a matter of days.
According to Wauwatosa police reports:
A masked robber carrying a sawed-off shotgun held up RadioShack, 6407 W. North Ave., at 8:25 p.m. Jan. 19.
An employee was organizing merchandise when the man walked in. As she turned to greet him, she noticed he was wearing a mask and had a weapon sticking out from his sleeve.
"Come with me, you know what this is," the robber said.
There were no customers in the store, but two employees were working.
He motioned them to the cash register and told them to hurry.
The workers filled a bag with cash, and the robber took it and took off running west along North Avenue.
Three days earlier, a man armed with a gun took a wallet and an MP3 player from a woman waiting for a bus at 60th Street and North Avenue.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (2)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30
- In Brief: City seeks volunteers for focus group; seminar can help with advanced care planning
- Wauwatosa students reducing plastic pollution headed to global competition