A trio of alleged shoplifters tried to make a getaway but were nabbed by a nearby police officer.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Two Milwaukee girls, ages 15 and 17, and an 18-year-old Milwaukee woman were arrested after trying to take multiple items from Kmart, 3201 N. Mayfair Road, at 5:43 p.m. Nov. 11.
The group allegedly walked through the store, taking a curling iron and multiple pairs of underwear, stuffing many items into their bras.
They were watched as they took the items and when they tried to leave the store, they heard an employee say, "Call security."
At that, they started running. Security chased them into the parking lot, where one of the females threw a bag containing the stolen goods into a waiting Mercedes. The car took off, with the trio in it.
The group was caught at a nearby BP gas station. The Mercedes was pulled over by an officer not far from the scene of the crime.
When officers approached the Mercedes, the driver seemed nervous. The driver admitted to being an accomplice while being questioned by the officer.
The 18-year-old gave officers the wrong information about herself when she was caught. She was arrested for obstructing an investigation, and the others were arrested for retail theft. The Mercedes driver, a 16-year-old Milwaukee girl, was given a citation for driving without a license.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series