A trio of alleged shoplifters tried to make a getaway but were nabbed by a nearby police officer.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Two Milwaukee girls, ages 15 and 17, and an 18-year-old Milwaukee woman were arrested after trying to take multiple items from Kmart, 3201 N. Mayfair Road, at 5:43 p.m. Nov. 11.
The group allegedly walked through the store, taking a curling iron and multiple pairs of underwear, stuffing many items into their bras.
They were watched as they took the items and when they tried to leave the store, they heard an employee say, "Call security."
At that, they started running. Security chased them into the parking lot, where one of the females threw a bag containing the stolen goods into a waiting Mercedes. The car took off, with the trio in it.
The group was caught at a nearby BP gas station. The Mercedes was pulled over by an officer not far from the scene of the crime.
When officers approached the Mercedes, the driver seemed nervous. The driver admitted to being an accomplice while being questioned by the officer.
The 18-year-old gave officers the wrong information about herself when she was caught. She was arrested for obstructing an investigation, and the others were arrested for retail theft. The Mercedes driver, a 16-year-old Milwaukee girl, was given a citation for driving without a license.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (2)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?