Tosa police: Delivery driver reported possible robbery in progress, prompting tactical response
Wauwatosa police have reopened roads from 120th to 122nd streets and Watertown Plank and Elmhurst roads, which had been cordoned off this morning while they investigated a home in the 1300 block of 121st Street.
Property tax records show the home is owned by Frankie L. Jude Jr.
Public Information Officer Lt. Christopher Fox confirmed two people are being interviewed at the police station but said no one is in custody. He also said there were no injuries in today's event.
According to the Wauwatosa Police Department incident report, a delivery driver called the intended recipient of his delivery prior to dropping it off. Before the call disconnected, the person who answered said he was being robbed. The driver went to a nearby gas station and called police.
"In responding to the area, Wauwatosa police officers found nothing outwardly apparent, but contact was not able to be established with residents or occupants of the home," Fox said in a news release sent this afternoon.
Police eventually made contact with two guests in the home, who came out of the house in response to police direction, the release states.
The house was found to be in order, it states.
Although the roads were blocked off, at no point was anyone evacuated from their home.
Fox said more information will be released when the police report is completed.
Today'sTMJ4 has a video report from the scene.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School