Police arrived at a Wauwatosa apartment to find a man and woman arguing about the man being too high to go to a court hearing about a drug-related offense. He was arrested shortly thereafter for possession of narcotics and bail jumping.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Police found the 21-year-old Wauwatosa man bent over, pale and coping with what appeared to be an opiate-induced stupor. He was mumbling, apparently apologizing for being so high.
His grip on reality apparently tightened when police asked him if he had any drugs on him. He pulled a pill bottle out of his jacket and dashed to the bathroom.
To the officers, he seemed to be moving in slow motion. The officer simply walked up between him and the bathroom.
He tried to toss the bottle, which police were able to grab. It contained morphine pills, Xanax, an oxycodone pill and two unidentified white pills.
It was later discovered that he had been arrested the night before in Germantown for shoplifting.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety