The Wauwatosa Police Department is seeking information about the person who robbed M&I Bank, 9120 W. North Ave. in Wauwatosa, on Wednesday and a U.S. Bank branch in Milwaukee in early January.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A man entered M&I at 4:38 p.m. Wednesday and handed a teller a note that demanded money from her drawer. The robber verbally threatened the employee before handing her the note, saying something to the effect of "This is not a joke, I will kill you." He then placed a plastic grocery bag on the counter, again demanding money.
The teller took money from her drawer and put it on the counter. The man fled from the bank with the money and the teller hit the silent alarm to notify police. There were no other customers in the bank at the time of the robbery.
The man is believed to be the same person who robbed the U.S. Bank branch at 2303 N. Farwell Ave. in Milwaukee on Jan. 5. He is believed to have made his getaway from that robbery as a passenger in a dark, four-door, full-size vehicle, possibly a Chevy Impala.
He is described as being in his 30s, between 6 feet and 6-foot-2, about 165 pounds and having a medium-brown complexion and a short mustache and goatee. He also had a small, gold stud earring in each ear and a distinctive tattoo in the general shape of an "X" on the left side of his neck.
Anyone with information about these robberies is asked to call the Wauwatosa Police Department Detective Bureau at (414) 471-8430. Callers may remain anonymous.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police search for armed bank robbery suspect
- Tosa letters to the editor: Destination Imagination
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home