The Wauwatosa Police Department is seeking information about the person who robbed M&I Bank, 9120 W. North Ave. in Wauwatosa, on Wednesday and a U.S. Bank branch in Milwaukee in early January.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A man entered M&I at 4:38 p.m. Wednesday and handed a teller a note that demanded money from her drawer. The robber verbally threatened the employee before handing her the note, saying something to the effect of "This is not a joke, I will kill you." He then placed a plastic grocery bag on the counter, again demanding money.
The teller took money from her drawer and put it on the counter. The man fled from the bank with the money and the teller hit the silent alarm to notify police. There were no other customers in the bank at the time of the robbery.
The man is believed to be the same person who robbed the U.S. Bank branch at 2303 N. Farwell Ave. in Milwaukee on Jan. 5. He is believed to have made his getaway from that robbery as a passenger in a dark, four-door, full-size vehicle, possibly a Chevy Impala.
He is described as being in his 30s, between 6 feet and 6-foot-2, about 165 pounds and having a medium-brown complexion and a short mustache and goatee. He also had a small, gold stud earring in each ear and a distinctive tattoo in the general shape of an "X" on the left side of his neck.
Anyone with information about these robberies is asked to call the Wauwatosa Police Department Detective Bureau at (414) 471-8430. Callers may remain anonymous.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (1)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 28
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Cafe Blue takes pleasure in providing simple pleasures
- Business Notes: May 28
- Tosa letters to the editor: May 28