Wauwatosa saw a 45 percent voter turnout for the state recall primary election, with the city nearly split among the two political parties.
Just a bit more than 49 percent of the ballots had boxes marked for Republican candidates for governor. Nearly all of those were votes for Gov. Scott Walker.
Democrats received nearly 51 percent of the votes, with candidate Tom Barrett, currently Milwaukee's mayor, getting more than three times the support than former Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk.
Walker and Barrett will face off again for the governor's seat on June 5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue
- In brief: July 24, 2014
- Numbers peak for Wauwatosa summer school enrollment, programs