Wauwatosa saw a 45 percent voter turnout for the state recall primary election, with the city nearly split among the two political parties.
Just a bit more than 49 percent of the ballots had boxes marked for Republican candidates for governor. Nearly all of those were votes for Gov. Scott Walker.
Democrats received nearly 51 percent of the votes, with candidate Tom Barrett, currently Milwaukee's mayor, getting more than three times the support than former Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk.
Walker and Barrett will face off again for the governor's seat on June 5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23
- In Our Schools: Oct. 23
- Biz Buzz: Corner Bakery, T.J. Maxx, Pizza Man, Camp Bar Tosa, Hue Vietnamese Restaurant
- Business Notes: Oct. 23
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring
- T.J. Maxx opening Oct. 30 in Wauwatosa
- Business Spotlight: Designing, contracting go hand in hand for French Country Pine
- Things to Do: Oct. 23
- 500 free winter emergency kits given away at Mayfair tomorrow
- Camp Bar Tosa opens Saturday