Wauwatosa saw a 45 percent voter turnout for the state recall primary election, with the city nearly split among the two political parties.
Just a bit more than 49 percent of the ballots had boxes marked for Republican candidates for governor. Nearly all of those were votes for Gov. Scott Walker.
Democrats received nearly 51 percent of the votes, with candidate Tom Barrett, currently Milwaukee's mayor, getting more than three times the support than former Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk.
Walker and Barrett will face off again for the governor's seat on June 5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the apartments under construction on North Avenue so close to the street?
- Wauwatosa police say woman was dragged across parking lot in purse robbery (2)
- Thirsty Duck brings duckpin bowling to Wauwatosa (1)
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 2
- Gov. Scott Walker attends Wauwatosa bike race weeks before expected presidential run announcement (5)
- Kate Spade New York store to open at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa Meetings: July 2
- Wauwatosa News IQ: June 25
- Woman arrested, accused of stealing $3,613 in cologne at Mayfair Collection
- Seeing East Tosa success, ‘Mid Town’ seeks its own brand (1)