There will be a primary in the race for 1st District alderman. Three candidates have come forward, meeting today's filing deadline, City Clerk Carla Ledesma said.
Incumbent Linda Nikcevich is not seeking re-election, and all three candidates are new to municipal government.
James Moldenhauer withdrew from the mayoral election and decided to seek the aldermanic seat instead. He will be challenged by technical college professor Jeffrey Kroll and resident Robert Smith, who couldn't immediately be reached for comment.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 16
- Mara is new DBA director of public relations
- In Brief: April 16
- Choice school looks to occupy Wauwatosa building that housed Pius (9)
- Wauwatosa woman accused of falsely claiming ex-husband's death to receive benefits
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 16
- Wauwatosa dry cleaner seeks permission to use former City Market building