Burglars looking for alcohol made their way into Alioto's Restaurant by cutting a hole in the roof Monday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An employee found ceiling tiles over the bar in the restaurant, 3041 N. Mayfair Road, had been pushed down Nov. 6.
Later she found a large cooler had been moved, a hole in the drywall next to the wine cellar and prymarks on the door to a room where liquor is stored.
More ceiling tiles were found on the ground in the coat room, as were two bags containing tools and a folding ladder.
The beer cooler was broken into, but nothing seemed to be taken. Only a few bottles of wine coolers were missing.
Police believe the burglars set off the security alarm and left their tools and alcohol behind in a rush to get away.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (8)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series