Burglars looking for alcohol made their way into Alioto's Restaurant by cutting a hole in the roof Monday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An employee found ceiling tiles over the bar in the restaurant, 3041 N. Mayfair Road, had been pushed down Nov. 6.
Later she found a large cooler had been moved, a hole in the drywall next to the wine cellar and prymarks on the door to a room where liquor is stored.
More ceiling tiles were found on the ground in the coat room, as were two bags containing tools and a folding ladder.
The beer cooler was broken into, but nothing seemed to be taken. Only a few bottles of wine coolers were missing.
Police believe the burglars set off the security alarm and left their tools and alcohol behind in a rush to get away.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School