Burglars looking for alcohol made their way into Alioto's Restaurant by cutting a hole in the roof Monday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An employee found ceiling tiles over the bar in the restaurant, 3041 N. Mayfair Road, had been pushed down Nov. 6.
Later she found a large cooler had been moved, a hole in the drywall next to the wine cellar and prymarks on the door to a room where liquor is stored.
More ceiling tiles were found on the ground in the coat room, as were two bags containing tools and a folding ladder.
The beer cooler was broken into, but nothing seemed to be taken. Only a few bottles of wine coolers were missing.
Police believe the burglars set off the security alarm and left their tools and alcohol behind in a rush to get away.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade