Burglars looking for alcohol made their way into Alioto's Restaurant by cutting a hole in the roof Monday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An employee found ceiling tiles over the bar in the restaurant, 3041 N. Mayfair Road, had been pushed down Nov. 6.
Later she found a large cooler had been moved, a hole in the drywall next to the wine cellar and prymarks on the door to a room where liquor is stored.
More ceiling tiles were found on the ground in the coat room, as were two bags containing tools and a folding ladder.
The beer cooler was broken into, but nothing seemed to be taken. Only a few bottles of wine coolers were missing.
Police believe the burglars set off the security alarm and left their tools and alcohol behind in a rush to get away.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West student fights through cerebral palsy to earn black belt
- Local pets receive blessing at Tosa Methodist church
- City committee approves TIF terms for Mayfair Road apartments
- Innovation Campus in Wauwatosa draws interest from universities
- Phase 2 Skateshop opens on State Street in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why is toilet paper used in the repair of city streets?
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 2
- East Tosa BID plan rejected
- Man killed in rollover crash on Highway 45 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2