A change drawer with $600 in it was taken from Baskin-Robbins, 1417 Wauwatosa Ave. at 10:57 a.m. Sept. 7.
According to a police report:
The manager was opening the store alone and closed the change safe but did not lock it using the key.
After unlocking the back door's deadbolt, she went to the bathroom. That's when a man entered the back door, went directly to the change drawer and took it without taking anything else. He was in and out in 27 seconds.
The manager didn't notice the money was gone until the store owner asked her for change later in the day.
Normally the handle to the back door is locked but it wasn't during the time of the theft.
Police believe the manager was being watched due to the timing of the theft. The theft is still under investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?
- Change in Hart Park Senior Center management worries some members
- Greenfield School Board might use sale proceeds to possibly improve middle school
- Video: Zoo gorillas bring 'Tarzan' rehearsal to life for Wauwatosa East students
- Wauwatosa Police Report: March 5
- Student in custody for bringing knives to Wauwatosa East High School
- Business Spotlight: Valentine business partners found coffee kept calling them back
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: March 5