A change drawer with $600 in it was taken from Baskin-Robbins, 1417 Wauwatosa Ave. at 10:57 a.m. Sept. 7.
According to a police report:
The manager was opening the store alone and closed the change safe but did not lock it using the key.
After unlocking the back door's deadbolt, she went to the bathroom. That's when a man entered the back door, went directly to the change drawer and took it without taking anything else. He was in and out in 27 seconds.
The manager didn't notice the money was gone until the store owner asked her for change later in the day.
Normally the handle to the back door is locked but it wasn't during the time of the theft.
Police believe the manager was being watched due to the timing of the theft. The theft is still under investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word
- Mayfair, Mayfair Collections in Wauwatosa seen as complements, not competitors