A Milwaukee man was arrested this week for taking more than $1,000 in clothing from Boston Store at Mayfair and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Security stopped the 54-year-old after seeing him grab a stack of clothing and attempt to run from the store Tuesday. The incident was similar to one last month, in which thieves grabbed more than $4,600 worth of clothing.
During a search, he struggled with the security guard, who found a crack pipe in the man's jacket. The man was arrested by police and found to be in violation of his probation, having been convicted of 10 crimes within the last five years.
Once the Milwaukee man was placed in a holding cell, he removed his shirt and attempted to make a noose. Police stopped him before he put it around his neck. He was not injured.
After being released from the Milwaukee County Mental Health Complex, the man was taken to the Milwaukee County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern
- In Our Schools: March 26, 2015
- Hidden Tosa: The sordid life story of garbage
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: March 26