A Milwaukee man was arrested this week for taking more than $1,000 in clothing from Boston Store at Mayfair and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Security stopped the 54-year-old after seeing him grab a stack of clothing and attempt to run from the store Tuesday. The incident was similar to one last month, in which thieves grabbed more than $4,600 worth of clothing.
During a search, he struggled with the security guard, who found a crack pipe in the man's jacket. The man was arrested by police and found to be in violation of his probation, having been convicted of 10 crimes within the last five years.
Once the Milwaukee man was placed in a holding cell, he removed his shirt and attempted to make a noose. Police stopped him before he put it around his neck. He was not injured.
After being released from the Milwaukee County Mental Health Complex, the man was taken to the Milwaukee County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- UW Marching Band visits Nicolet this weekend
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Local developer sees opportunity for rebuild of Wauwatosa library, city hall
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?
- Change in Hart Park Senior Center management worries some members