Long before a certain presidential election introduced us to the infamous hanging chad, Teuteberg Inc., was printing the forms that led to the flap.
"Well, not those forms," owner and president Matt Teuteberg said, quickly distancing himself from the 2004 fracas.
But those types of forms, along with carbonless invoice sheets and other documents, were the foundation for the company his father Henry R. "Hank" Teuteberg started in 1976.
The company has evolved since it moved from Menomonee Falls to Wauwatosa almost 20 years ago.
Today, Teuteberg said, "We are a one-stop company if you want direct marketing, email, direct mail, global marketing, business forms and labels."
Their calendars aren't bad either, at least according to the Calendar Marketing Association, which recognized Teuteberg, Inc., in May with two awards for most creative marketing and most original design.
"It was a pretty big deal. We were pretty surprised that we did so well," Teuteberg said.
The winning flip-style desk calendars were made for casinos that wanted personalized gifts for VIP clientele. The calendars, which are each printed with a player's name, have become unexpected keepsakes.
"They just think it's so clever and cute. It's simple, but it's powerful," Teuteberg said.
And with 100,000 to 150,000 calendars rolling out the door each year, they're something that Teuteberg hopes could become as much of a staple for the 40-employee company as those chad-dangling computer punch cards once were.
"We enjoy serving the customer and making a difference in their business. That's one of our core philosophies," Teuteberg said.
Whatever other products and services the company embraces in the future, Teuteberg said, he wants to hold fast to those principles, which his father, who died three years ago, used to build the company.
"All that he did when he started the company has propelled us to where we are today," he said.
If you would like to suggest a business to be featured in the Business Spotlight, send an email to email@example.com or call (262) 446-6643.
JUST THE FACTS
BUSINESS: Teuteberg Inc.
ADDRESS: 12200 W. Worth St.
OWNER: Matt Teuteberg
TYPE OF BUSINESS: printing
PEARLS OF WISDOM: "We enjoy serving the customer and making a difference in their business."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa attorneys come from entrepreneurial families
- Soaps & Scents sniffs out a new opportunity
- Even technophobs can have a better tech experience, owner says
- Platinum Salon relies on intimate, family atmosphere
- Tosa Wine & Spirits staff enjoys its new home
- Move to massage therapy good for the soul, Parlour owner says
- Designing durable landscapes a way of life for Tosa man
- Mobility store says it puts client needs before profit
- Birth center offers health services for whole family
- Standing the test of time
- Duo helps families choose assisted-living care right for them
- Filament shines light on home furnishing needs
- Optometrist's daughter sells children's glasses in Wauwatosa
- Tasting room appeals to wine afficianados, corporate planners
- Hot dog! Business venture helps teen learn value of a dollar
- As threats to trees increase, company prides itself on smart approach
- Former realtor now librarian at Christian Science Reading Room
- Proactive approach to health helps keep need for medicine at bay
- Steinway Piano Gallery celebrates gift of music
- Couple turns printing start-up in Wauwatosa into family business