Long before a certain presidential election introduced us to the infamous hanging chad, Teuteberg Inc., was printing the forms that led to the flap.
"Well, not those forms," owner and president Matt Teuteberg said, quickly distancing himself from the 2004 fracas.
But those types of forms, along with carbonless invoice sheets and other documents, were the foundation for the company his father Henry R. "Hank" Teuteberg started in 1976.
The company has evolved since it moved from Menomonee Falls to Wauwatosa almost 20 years ago.
Today, Teuteberg said, "We are a one-stop company if you want direct marketing, email, direct mail, global marketing, business forms and labels."
Their calendars aren't bad either, at least according to the Calendar Marketing Association, which recognized Teuteberg, Inc., in May with two awards for most creative marketing and most original design.
"It was a pretty big deal. We were pretty surprised that we did so well," Teuteberg said.
The winning flip-style desk calendars were made for casinos that wanted personalized gifts for VIP clientele. The calendars, which are each printed with a player's name, have become unexpected keepsakes.
"They just think it's so clever and cute. It's simple, but it's powerful," Teuteberg said.
And with 100,000 to 150,000 calendars rolling out the door each year, they're something that Teuteberg hopes could become as much of a staple for the 40-employee company as those chad-dangling computer punch cards once were.
"We enjoy serving the customer and making a difference in their business. That's one of our core philosophies," Teuteberg said.
Whatever other products and services the company embraces in the future, Teuteberg said, he wants to hold fast to those principles, which his father, who died three years ago, used to build the company.
"All that he did when he started the company has propelled us to where we are today," he said.
If you would like to suggest a business to be featured in the Business Spotlight, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (262) 446-6643.
JUST THE FACTS
BUSINESS: Teuteberg Inc.
ADDRESS: 12200 W. Worth St.
OWNER: Matt Teuteberg
TYPE OF BUSINESS: printing
PEARLS OF WISDOM: "We enjoy serving the customer and making a difference in their business."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Empire Fish
- Business Spotlight: The Lutheran Home & Harwood Place
- Business Spotlight: Valentine business partners found coffee kept calling them back
- Business Spotlight: Running a remodeling company no strain in family-owned business
- Business Spotlight: The Malt Shoppe isn't selling milk shakes
- Midtown Dental Care is 'home-like' for new and long-term patients
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Gigi's satisfies even the biggest craving for cupcakes
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Therapist finds himself enriched by a life shaped by transitions
- Business Spotlight: Milwaukee Map surveys the world from a small store near you
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight Yoga instructor practiced the art before it was all the rage
- Business Spotlight: Alfa Flower shop weathered some tough years, and has flourished in the economic
- The wheel of life keeps rolling at Johnson's bike store
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Bridgetown Framing Gallery
- Wauwatosa's Harwood Hair makes styling about more than hair
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Arte Wine & Painting Studio
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Tuesday's Child
- Wauwatosa's Village is home to stores, restaurants — and museum exhibit design, of course
- For Josh Saiia, there's olive oil, and then there's olive oil
- Business Spotlight: Designing, contracting go hand in hand for French Country Pine