Two Wauwatosa School District teachers have been nominated for 2012 fellowships sponsored by the Herb Kohl Educational Foundation.
Nancy Terrain, a fourth-grade teacher at Eisenhower Elementary and Erin Gould, a social studies teacher at Wauwatosa East High School, are in the running to be awarded a $1,000 scholarship for themselves and their schools. Winners will be announced in spring of 2012.
Fellowship recipients are selected for their ability to inspire the love of learning in their students, their ability to motivate others and for their leadership and service within and outside the classroom.
Winners are selected in four categories including elementary, middle school, high school and special services. Since 1990 when the foundation program began, 36 Wauwatosa School District educators have won scholarships. During that time, the foundation has awarded $7.8 million to Wisconsin educators, students and schools.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police report 200 percent increase in vehicle thefts (1)
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park (1)
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11