Two Wauwatosa School District teachers have been nominated for 2012 fellowships sponsored by the Herb Kohl Educational Foundation.
Nancy Terrain, a fourth-grade teacher at Eisenhower Elementary and Erin Gould, a social studies teacher at Wauwatosa East High School, are in the running to be awarded a $1,000 scholarship for themselves and their schools. Winners will be announced in spring of 2012.
Fellowship recipients are selected for their ability to inspire the love of learning in their students, their ability to motivate others and for their leadership and service within and outside the classroom.
Winners are selected in four categories including elementary, middle school, high school and special services. Since 1990 when the foundation program began, 36 Wauwatosa School District educators have won scholarships. During that time, the foundation has awarded $7.8 million to Wisconsin educators, students and schools.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting