Two Wauwatosa School District teachers have been nominated for 2012 fellowships sponsored by the Herb Kohl Educational Foundation.
Nancy Terrain, a fourth-grade teacher at Eisenhower Elementary and Erin Gould, a social studies teacher at Wauwatosa East High School, are in the running to be awarded a $1,000 scholarship for themselves and their schools. Winners will be announced in spring of 2012.
Fellowship recipients are selected for their ability to inspire the love of learning in their students, their ability to motivate others and for their leadership and service within and outside the classroom.
Winners are selected in four categories including elementary, middle school, high school and special services. Since 1990 when the foundation program began, 36 Wauwatosa School District educators have won scholarships. During that time, the foundation has awarded $7.8 million to Wisconsin educators, students and schools.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Vape Haven rejected by Common Council
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 18
- Wauwatosa West has 11 National Merit semifinalists; Tosa East shut out
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the basins in the County Ground never filled with water?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 18
- Public Forum: E-cig rejection based on bias
- Thai-namite plans fall through in East Tosa
- Chili'n on the Ave. is Saturday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 11
- Chinese students seek brighter futures in Wauwatosa