Eight teens were arrested for retail theft after they ran out of Macy's at Mayfair with armfuls of designer clothing and hopped a bus Friday night.
According to Wauwatosa Police Department reports:
Members of the group selected items that totaled nearly $2,100 in value while one acted as a lookout about 8:30 p.m. Friday. Suddenly, they all made a ran for the exit and ran to a Milwaukee County bus.
The bus was stopped and numerous pieces of clothing with tags on them were found underneath the seats.
A prisoner van was brought to the mall parking lot to collect the suspects, who range in age from 13 to 19.
They said they had taken a bus from Milwaukee earlier in the evening. During that trip, one member of the group kicked out a bus window and a pad of bus transfers was taken.
Most of the teens were released to their parents. Shortly after walking out of the police station, the mother of a 16-year-old boy said her son ran off before they even got to their car in the parking lot.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (1)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 28
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Cafe Blue takes pleasure in providing simple pleasures
- Business Notes: May 28
- Tosa letters to the editor: May 28