Eight teens were arrested for retail theft after they ran out of Macy's at Mayfair with armfuls of designer clothing and hopped a bus Friday night.
According to Wauwatosa Police Department reports:
Members of the group selected items that totaled nearly $2,100 in value while one acted as a lookout about 8:30 p.m. Friday. Suddenly, they all made a ran for the exit and ran to a Milwaukee County bus.
The bus was stopped and numerous pieces of clothing with tags on them were found underneath the seats.
A prisoner van was brought to the mall parking lot to collect the suspects, who range in age from 13 to 19.
They said they had taken a bus from Milwaukee earlier in the evening. During that trip, one member of the group kicked out a bus window and a pad of bus transfers was taken.
Most of the teens were released to their parents. Shortly after walking out of the police station, the mother of a 16-year-old boy said her son ran off before they even got to their car in the parking lot.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Former Wauwatosa priest pleads not guilty to embezzlement charges
- New principal at Lincoln Elementary vows to help students find their 'spark'