Eight teens were arrested for retail theft after they ran out of Macy's at Mayfair with armfuls of designer clothing and hopped a bus Friday night.
According to Wauwatosa Police Department reports:
Members of the group selected items that totaled nearly $2,100 in value while one acted as a lookout about 8:30 p.m. Friday. Suddenly, they all made a ran for the exit and ran to a Milwaukee County bus.
The bus was stopped and numerous pieces of clothing with tags on them were found underneath the seats.
A prisoner van was brought to the mall parking lot to collect the suspects, who range in age from 13 to 19.
They said they had taken a bus from Milwaukee earlier in the evening. During that trip, one member of the group kicked out a bus window and a pad of bus transfers was taken.
Most of the teens were released to their parents. Shortly after walking out of the police station, the mother of a 16-year-old boy said her son ran off before they even got to their car in the parking lot.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa's Lady in Red reopens as Nikki's Boutique after remodel
- 'Tarzan' takes flight at Wauwatosa East
- Tosa Recreation Dept. to hold textile recycling event
- Exactly 175 years ago, Wauwatosa became a town (3)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 30
- Milwaukee teens charged for armed robbery in Mayfair bathroom
- Parents raise conflict of interest concerns about Wauwatosa School Board member (20)
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: April 30
- In Our Schools: April 30
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Chiropractor says it's not just about the spine