Three teenage boys took dancing in the streets to a new level last week.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The 14-, 15- and 16-year-old Milwaukee boys got their groove on in the city's busiest and most dangerous intersection - North Avenue and Mayfair Road - at 7:56 p.m. May 21.
They danced up to the vehicle of an off-duty Milwaukee police officer, who yelled at the trio to get out of traffic. The boys screamed back racial slurs, profanities and threats before heading to the Walgreens parking lot.
The officer followed and the boys ran past businesses on Mayfair Road and were eventually stopped across the street on Fisher Parkway.
No arrests were made and the boys were released. The youngest boy had 0.1 grams of marijuana in his pocket and he received a warning.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum
- Wauwatosa closer to allowing beekeeping
- Vape Haven rejected by Wauwatosa Common Council