Three teenage boys took dancing in the streets to a new level last week.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The 14-, 15- and 16-year-old Milwaukee boys got their groove on in the city's busiest and most dangerous intersection - North Avenue and Mayfair Road - at 7:56 p.m. May 21.
They danced up to the vehicle of an off-duty Milwaukee police officer, who yelled at the trio to get out of traffic. The boys screamed back racial slurs, profanities and threats before heading to the Walgreens parking lot.
The officer followed and the boys ran past businesses on Mayfair Road and were eventually stopped across the street on Fisher Parkway.
No arrests were made and the boys were released. The youngest boy had 0.1 grams of marijuana in his pocket and he received a warning.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Carhartt coming to Wauwatosa's Mayfair Collection
- Wauwatosa News IQ: March 5
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Local developer sees opportunity for rebuild of Wauwatosa library, city hall
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East