A New Berlin teen was punched in the face several times after he was followed to Mayfair by a driver with a case of road rage Friday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 18-year-old man was driving down Mayfair Road on the way to pick his girlfriend up from the mall about 9 p.m.
He noticed a speeding car coming up quickly behind him so he started to switch lanes. However, the approaching car was already changing lanes and the driver turned on his high beams to show his irritation.
The car, which had three to four people inside, started following him until he pulled into the parking lot under the AMC Theatre at Mayfair. A passenger in the following vehicle jumped out and approached the teen's car. He punched the New Berlin teen in the face several times through his open car window.
Meanwhile, the victim saw the driver waving his hand around like he had a weapon.
The passenger ran back to his ride, and they took off.
The victim had minor lacerations to his mouth. Security video caught a glimpse of the suspects' vehicle but didn't capture footage of an assault.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern