A New Berlin teen was punched in the face several times after he was followed to Mayfair by a driver with a case of road rage Friday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 18-year-old man was driving down Mayfair Road on the way to pick his girlfriend up from the mall about 9 p.m.
He noticed a speeding car coming up quickly behind him so he started to switch lanes. However, the approaching car was already changing lanes and the driver turned on his high beams to show his irritation.
The car, which had three to four people inside, started following him until he pulled into the parking lot under the AMC Theatre at Mayfair. A passenger in the following vehicle jumped out and approached the teen's car. He punched the New Berlin teen in the face several times through his open car window.
Meanwhile, the victim saw the driver waving his hand around like he had a weapon.
The passenger ran back to his ride, and they took off.
The victim had minor lacerations to his mouth. Security video caught a glimpse of the suspects' vehicle but didn't capture footage of an assault.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Windows Into Wauwatosa' allows a peak into unsung locales
- Wauwatosa West triplet seniors to split but stay connected
- Police Report: June 18
- Cup of change starts to make a difference
- Skateboarders do 'slide' on Tosa hillside
- Police Department's records not available this week
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue be repaved and its bridges rebuilt?
- Former Wauwatosa fire station site is prime land without a plan
- Tom Thaney enhanced Tose East theater department
- Flight for Life emergency pilots rely on instinct, experience