A 17-year-old Milwaukee boy arrested for attempted robbery is accused of making four separate robbery attempts within 20 minutes near Wauwatosa and North avenues the afternoon of Feb. 1.
According to Wauwatosa police reports:
The teen accosted a 66-year-old Milwaukee man and three Longfellow Middle School students - ages 14, 13 and 11 - demanding money and showing them what they thought was a knife.
The knife turned out to be a switchblade facsimile that contained a comb.
The incidents occurred within a block or two of the intersection. The teen approached each victim with threatening demands including, "Do you got any money" and "Give me three dollars."
Despite the threats, the victims gave no money and each immediately reported the teen's actions.
The teen is being charged with one count of attempted robbery, of the 66-year-old, so the students will not have to testify.
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (10)