A 17-year-old Milwaukee boy arrested for attempted robbery is accused of making four separate robbery attempts within 20 minutes near Wauwatosa and North avenues the afternoon of Feb. 1.
According to Wauwatosa police reports:
The teen accosted a 66-year-old Milwaukee man and three Longfellow Middle School students - ages 14, 13 and 11 - demanding money and showing them what they thought was a knife.
The knife turned out to be a switchblade facsimile that contained a comb.
The incidents occurred within a block or two of the intersection. The teen approached each victim with threatening demands including, "Do you got any money" and "Give me three dollars."
Despite the threats, the victims gave no money and each immediately reported the teen's actions.
The teen is being charged with one count of attempted robbery, of the 66-year-old, so the students will not have to testify.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools
- Wauwatosa school board hears proposals for new course offerings