A 17-year-old Milwaukee boy arrested for attempted robbery is accused of making four separate robbery attempts within 20 minutes near Wauwatosa and North avenues the afternoon of Feb. 1.
According to Wauwatosa police reports:
The teen accosted a 66-year-old Milwaukee man and three Longfellow Middle School students - ages 14, 13 and 11 - demanding money and showing them what they thought was a knife.
The knife turned out to be a switchblade facsimile that contained a comb.
The incidents occurred within a block or two of the intersection. The teen approached each victim with threatening demands including, "Do you got any money" and "Give me three dollars."
Despite the threats, the victims gave no money and each immediately reported the teen's actions.
The teen is being charged with one count of attempted robbery, of the 66-year-old, so the students will not have to testify.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands