A 23-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested on Sweetest Day, Oct. 20, for destroying a sandwich sign at Mayfair Mall, 2500 N. Mayfair Road.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man was visiting his friend and became irate because she was busy with a customer and unable to speak with him. He accused her of giving him a sexually transmitted disease, swore at her and left the store.
After his alleged outburst, the man went to Applebees, where he drank a few Long Island iced teas. Police say the man kicked over a $200 sign on his way out at 8:44 p.m.
The woman denied ever having sexual intercourse with the man, saying that they had only spoken a couple of times on the phone.
The man has two prior arrests for disorderly conduct.
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall (22)
- Our newspaper website is changing