A teen's belligerence led to her arrest for disorderly conduct, obstructing an officer and carrying a concealed weapon at Mayfair - even though the store employees who suspected her of stealing had been ready to let her go.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Employees of Pac Sun in Mayfair, 2500 N. Mayfair Road, caught the 16-year-old girl taking a pair of jeans from the store at 7:18 p.m. Nov. 10. The store didn't want to have her arrested, but they did want their property back. Wanting her to return her items and leave, they called mall security.
When the security guard asked her if she had taken anything else, the girl became belligerent and police were called. She told officers the guard had "been rude to her."
The officers found a stolen belt, panties and jewelry in the girl's purse, as well as a set of spiked brass knuckles.
After finding the weapon, the officers decided to arrest her. She then gave police her wrong name and date of birth.
She was arrested for disorderly conduct, obstructing an officer and carrying a concealed weapon.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94