A teen's belligerence led to her arrest for disorderly conduct, obstructing an officer and carrying a concealed weapon at Mayfair - even though the store employees who suspected her of stealing had been ready to let her go.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Employees of Pac Sun in Mayfair, 2500 N. Mayfair Road, caught the 16-year-old girl taking a pair of jeans from the store at 7:18 p.m. Nov. 10. The store didn't want to have her arrested, but they did want their property back. Wanting her to return her items and leave, they called mall security.
When the security guard asked her if she had taken anything else, the girl became belligerent and police were called. She told officers the guard had "been rude to her."
The officers found a stolen belt, panties and jewelry in the girl's purse, as well as a set of spiked brass knuckles.
After finding the weapon, the officers decided to arrest her. She then gave police her wrong name and date of birth.
She was arrested for disorderly conduct, obstructing an officer and carrying a concealed weapon.
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 28