A teen's belligerence led to her arrest for disorderly conduct, obstructing an officer and carrying a concealed weapon at Mayfair - even though the store employees who suspected her of stealing had been ready to let her go.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Employees of Pac Sun in Mayfair, 2500 N. Mayfair Road, caught the 16-year-old girl taking a pair of jeans from the store at 7:18 p.m. Nov. 10. The store didn't want to have her arrested, but they did want their property back. Wanting her to return her items and leave, they called mall security.
When the security guard asked her if she had taken anything else, the girl became belligerent and police were called. She told officers the guard had "been rude to her."
The officers found a stolen belt, panties and jewelry in the girl's purse, as well as a set of spiked brass knuckles.
After finding the weapon, the officers decided to arrest her. She then gave police her wrong name and date of birth.
She was arrested for disorderly conduct, obstructing an officer and carrying a concealed weapon.
- Wauwatosa alderman calls '79 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 26
- Transit officials: proposed BRT system could attract thousands of new riders
- Wauwatosa Business Notes: May 26
- Wauwatosa officer rescues seven ducklings trapped in storm sewer