A teen's belligerence led to her arrest for disorderly conduct, obstructing an officer and carrying a concealed weapon at Mayfair - even though the store employees who suspected her of stealing had been ready to let her go.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Employees of Pac Sun in Mayfair, 2500 N. Mayfair Road, caught the 16-year-old girl taking a pair of jeans from the store at 7:18 p.m. Nov. 10. The store didn't want to have her arrested, but they did want their property back. Wanting her to return her items and leave, they called mall security.
When the security guard asked her if she had taken anything else, the girl became belligerent and police were called. She told officers the guard had "been rude to her."
The officers found a stolen belt, panties and jewelry in the girl's purse, as well as a set of spiked brass knuckles.
After finding the weapon, the officers decided to arrest her. She then gave police her wrong name and date of birth.
She was arrested for disorderly conduct, obstructing an officer and carrying a concealed weapon.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 500 free winter emergency kits given away at Mayfair tomorrow
- Camp Bar Tosa opens Saturday
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Early Learners' Class gets 2- and early 3-year-olds ready for school
- News and Notes: Oct. 16
- Wauwatosa considers extending North Avenue bikes lanes
- Wauwatosa West grad recognized for good deed, and it comes back to her
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 16
- The Malt Shoppe grand opening party is Oct. 24-26
- New Sodexo chef helps spice up Wauwatosa cafeteria food