A teen's belligerence led to her arrest for disorderly conduct, obstructing an officer and carrying a concealed weapon at Mayfair - even though the store employees who suspected her of stealing had been ready to let her go.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Employees of Pac Sun in Mayfair, 2500 N. Mayfair Road, caught the 16-year-old girl taking a pair of jeans from the store at 7:18 p.m. Nov. 10. The store didn't want to have her arrested, but they did want their property back. Wanting her to return her items and leave, they called mall security.
When the security guard asked her if she had taken anything else, the girl became belligerent and police were called. She told officers the guard had "been rude to her."
The officers found a stolen belt, panties and jewelry in the girl's purse, as well as a set of spiked brass knuckles.
After finding the weapon, the officers decided to arrest her. She then gave police her wrong name and date of birth.
She was arrested for disorderly conduct, obstructing an officer and carrying a concealed weapon.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (1)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 28
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Cafe Blue takes pleasure in providing simple pleasures
- Business Notes: May 28
- Tosa letters to the editor: May 28