A coffee caper ended before it began when a 31-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested after trying to get a refund on coffee he hadn't purchased.
Using an old receipt, the man received $41.25 for five boxes of Keurig coffee at Pick 'n Save, 6950 W. State St.
But the transaction hadn't gone unnoticed. When the store's loss prevention personnel approached him to question him, he tried to run off - unsuccessfully, because he was stopped before he could make it out the door.
He claimed that his friend had purchased the coffee, but had left it in the store and instead wanted his money back instead of the coffee. The man had no explanation as to why he ran when he was approached by store personnel.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum