A coffee caper ended before it began when a 31-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested after trying to get a refund on coffee he hadn't purchased.
Using an old receipt, the man received $41.25 for five boxes of Keurig coffee at Pick 'n Save, 6950 W. State St.
But the transaction hadn't gone unnoticed. When the store's loss prevention personnel approached him to question him, he tried to run off - unsuccessfully, because he was stopped before he could make it out the door.
He claimed that his friend had purchased the coffee, but had left it in the store and instead wanted his money back instead of the coffee. The man had no explanation as to why he ran when he was approached by store personnel.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Memorial Day ceremony scheduled for Longfellow Middle School
- Ask NOW: When will the Menomonee River Parkway be repaved?
- In Our Schools: May 20
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat
- Wauwatosa preservation panel approves plan for Eschweiler buildings
- Village of Wauwatosa starts work on new signage system
- ANEW offers seniors in need of care options
- Developer drops controversial Village project in Wauwatosa