A coffee caper ended before it began when a 31-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested after trying to get a refund on coffee he hadn't purchased.
Using an old receipt, the man received $41.25 for five boxes of Keurig coffee at Pick 'n Save, 6950 W. State St.
But the transaction hadn't gone unnoticed. When the store's loss prevention personnel approached him to question him, he tried to run off - unsuccessfully, because he was stopped before he could make it out the door.
He claimed that his friend had purchased the coffee, but had left it in the store and instead wanted his money back instead of the coffee. The man had no explanation as to why he ran when he was approached by store personnel.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern