A coffee caper ended before it began when a 31-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested after trying to get a refund on coffee he hadn't purchased.
Using an old receipt, the man received $41.25 for five boxes of Keurig coffee at Pick 'n Save, 6950 W. State St.
But the transaction hadn't gone unnoticed. When the store's loss prevention personnel approached him to question him, he tried to run off - unsuccessfully, because he was stopped before he could make it out the door.
He claimed that his friend had purchased the coffee, but had left it in the store and instead wanted his money back instead of the coffee. The man had no explanation as to why he ran when he was approached by store personnel.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11