The smoldering wreckage of a stolen truck is not par for most golf courses, but it was for Currie Park Golf Course last week.
According to the Wauwatosa Police Report:
The wreckage was found on the 15th fairway at 6:02 a.m. Thursday with deep ruts around it, signaling that the suspects had taken the truck for a joyride before eventually setting it on fire. The truck also had a can of gasoline in its rear bed, leading police to believe that the suspects used the gas to ignite the vehicle.
Police called the owner of the vehicle, who told them it was a work truck for Sirrah Construction in Milwaukee and that he didn't know it had been stolen. He added that he does not suspect any employee was involved.
The truck was worth $8,000. There are no suspects at this time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word
- Mayfair, Mayfair Collections in Wauwatosa seen as complements, not competitors