The smoldering wreckage of a stolen truck is not par for most golf courses, but it was for Currie Park Golf Course last week.
According to the Wauwatosa Police Report:
The wreckage was found on the 15th fairway at 6:02 a.m. Thursday with deep ruts around it, signaling that the suspects had taken the truck for a joyride before eventually setting it on fire. The truck also had a can of gasoline in its rear bed, leading police to believe that the suspects used the gas to ignite the vehicle.
Police called the owner of the vehicle, who told them it was a work truck for Sirrah Construction in Milwaukee and that he didn't know it had been stolen. He added that he does not suspect any employee was involved.
The truck was worth $8,000. There are no suspects at this time.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety